Search Boozehoundz

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Straw-beery: Belgian Beer & Strawberry Surprise


Two words: fruit beers. For most people, skepticism comes quickly, including me. So when the Früli Strawberry Beer from Belgium showed up, I had reservations. Actually, I admit I rolled my eyes. I’m a purist and adding flavors to beers or spirits usually makes me cringe. But I can announce here – I was wrong. The nose is more floral, more perfume-ish, but then that translates to a delightful beer with soft, under the radar strawberry notes - the Dutch know subtlety. The carbonation is milder than many beers providing a better sensory experience. It starts as a white beer, then is brewed with strawberry juice, orange peel and coriander, making it very light and refreshing, unique and appealing because it’s so harmoniously balanced. This can work as a cocktail too (two ideas below), or even a marinade for, say, chicken on the grill. If you too are skeptical, I strongly encourage you to try this. It will definitely change your mind.
Fruburry Martini: Früli, black raspberry liqueur and vodka, garnished with fresh black raspberries and a lime twist;
Frulirita: Früli, tequila, triple sec and fresh lime juice, garnished with a lime wheel and a fresh strawberry, topped with orange zest sprinkles:
Origin: Belgium
Average Price:  $13.99/4 Pack
ABV: 4.1%
IBU: 6.5
BOOZEHOUNDZ SCORE:  90 POINTS

No comments:

Post a Comment