Search Boozehoundz

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Savoring Summer Sangria



It’s getting away from summer but that doesn’t mean you have to give up drinking summer. I make sangria every year and I love its lively, fresh, pungent, fruit-forward (literally) nature. But often if you get sangria in a restaurant or bar it’s some peculiar overtly sweet viscous liquid that may or may not be made with real fruit. Well, my supplications to the Sangria Savior have been answered. Eppa Sangria, already made and put into a bottle, is here to save winter from feeling too wintery. This is a bright, expressive wine with minimal alcohol (which means you can have two bottles) of soft and easy fruit and wine, actually way too easy to drink. Made with organic fruit, there’s lots of ripe juicy fruit, tangy and tart while being mildly sweet. Mendocino County Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah is mixed with fruit juices including pomegranate, blueberry, Mediterranean blood orange and…steady…acai (I’ve only ever had acai – a Brazilian tree fruit known for its intense antioxidants- in acai bowls here in Santa Barbara and Oahu). It’s kind of an odd combination, but it works quite well and it’s certified organic – not that that is a huge issue, but fewer chemicals consumed means better long term health. Honestly, I have not found a bottled sangria I like better and though I will still laboriously make mine every year in August, the Eppa is a welcomed addition to my wine routine.
$11.99/ 750 ml – Alc: 8.5%  EPPA SANGRIA  
BOOZEHOUNDZ RATING
4 Bonz – Good Dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment